At Techstars Retail, we recently wrapped up a cross-country info session tour where we met with founders and discussed our upcoming accelerator program in partnership with Target. The response has been overwhelmingly positive and we can't wait to kick things off this summer!
During the course of the tour, we fielded a lot of questions around, "How do we work with Target?" This was primarily around retail technology and products looking for distribution. The more we dug into this, the more we realized this process can be a bit of a black hole for growing startup companies.
To help shed some light on this process, we are excited to partner with Target and hold a webinar this Friday, February 19th at 1 p.m. CST titled "Demystifying Big Retail for Startups"I will be joined by Kate Whitcomb, Growth & Innovation Lead at Target — and together, we will break down the steps startups need to take to engage large retailers.
We will discuss a variety of topics, including:
- How does product get updated in a retail store? Who makes those decisions?
- What does a buyer do, and what does their team look like?
- What kind of questions will a buyer ask me if they are interested in my product?
- If a buyer is interested in my product, how long does it take for my product to hit the shelves?
- How many units might I be expected to fulfill in the first PO (and what's a PO?)
Application deadline is March 20th and the program kicks off in June in Minneapolis! Apply now!
Subscribe to get all our new posts straight to your email!
from Techstars http://ift.tt/1QlzGNH